Sunday, December 2, 2012

A GOAL TO GET BY

For the first time this year I made a December Daily.  I have never been good at doing ANYTHING daily but for some reason this year I really wanted to do it and did.

I will admit to being madly in love with Oprah Winfrey.  Listening to Super Soul Sundays always leaves me feeling good for the rest of the week.

Today's show has reached into my very soul.  It spoke to me in a way that has impacted me greatly.

With Charlie in jail I had already determined that it was going to be an awful Christmas.  I just wanted to close my eyes and open them in January.  How can I look at beautiful christmas decorations, listen to christmas music with my son in jail?  It just wasnt going to happen.

Oprah's guests today discussed what I already new.  That we need to live in gratitude.  That living in sadness and negativity is not what God or the universe intended for us.

Every day in my December Daily I will make an affirmation of gratitude.  I will find something to be grateful for despite the despair and the hurt.  I will send out positive energy so that positive things can happen.

I will be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. I dont know about Jail in USA but in Aus there are plenty of drugs. If he can stay alive long enough to reach rock bottom, wherever that is,for him, he WILL get better.But it wont happen until HE is ready.I hope he can find the strength to pull himself together.Bi- polar meds should help.I know what you are going through sweetheart just remember you are not alone and either is he.

    ReplyDelete